Yes, I already have another energy bite recipe for you. I was so in love with the last pie-inspired bites, that I just had to try another variation. The blueberry lemon energy bites I made last week were really proving their worth while working on our new home. They were a great snack to grab for a brief break while in the middle of a time intensive project, and they were just enough to hold us over until the next real meal.
Starting these bites was pretty easy – I had a large bags of walnuts and large bag of dried cranberries waiting to be used up in the pantry.
With the two main ingredients already selected, it was just a matter of determining what flavors to complement them with. I obviously chose cacao (recommend Navitas Naturals), and then the coconut just naturally followed.
While many people use flaxseed meal in their energy bites, I prefer to use the whole flax seed. While you might not get the same nutritional value, you can’t trade it for the extra crunch that the whole seed provides.
Some other ingredients I considered adding that you might try are nut butter (almond is my favorite), coconut oil or oats. If you choose to experiment with the ingredient list, remember to keep a good balance between the wet and dry ingredients, so the bite size balls will hold their shape.
Enjoy these yummy treats!
- 1 1/2 c walnuts
- 1 c dried cranberries
- 1/2 c unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1/4 c flax seeds
- 2 T organic raw cacao powder
- 1/2 c honey
- Blend walnuts in food processor until they form a course meal.
- Add dried cranberries and blend until they're about the same size as the walnuts.
- Add remaining ingredients. Process until the mixture forms a dough.
- Roll into small balls.
- Roll the balls in additional coconut if you'd like (I highly recommend it!)
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge.